We are a progressive community that is passionate about Jesus
Progressive: We are called:
• To deep personal transformation into the likeness of Christ:
• To participate in profound social transformation towards the reign of God;
• Away from greed, hatred, and violence
• Toward gratitude, reconciliation, and peace
Community: We are an intentional community, seeking to love and affirm each other. We believe that the quality of our relationships with others is the touchstone of our spiritual lives.
Passionate: We are not a boring community! We are passionate about worship, reverence, and singing; about preaching and teaching; about listening to and loving each other; and about standing at the side of the poor and the marginalized in this world.
Jesus: Jesus is the focus of our journey. We regard him as the embodiment of the lovingkindness of God, and of God’s passion for mercy, justice, and peace. We strive to live out Jesus’ teaching, and to enter into the relationship that Jesus has with God as “Abba”, as loving Father.
To be a boldly incarnational, embracing, and diverse community of worship, in a way that radiates the spirit of Jesus Christ, so that we serve one another and the greater community.
We are a loving and supportive Christian community, aware of the diversity and needs of all individuals who make up God's people, always encouraging reverent and joyful worship of God and making the love and power of Jesus Christ known to all who have been created by God's Divine Wisdom.
(Bringing the community together, Unifying the
community, and Presence within the greater community)
(Desire to be a spiritual hub, a community hub, a cultural
hub, and an ecumenical hub)
- Reaching out to shut-ins
- Reaching out to GLBT community
- Reaching out to children and teens
- Reaching out to those who are underserved
- Reaching out to alienated believers
- Reaching out to the recovery community
- Making our space available to other faith communities